Photobucket        Photobucket        Photobucket        Photobucket        Photobucket       

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Happy US Thanksgiving

It's US thanksgiving. Even though up here in Canada we have already celebrated thanksgiving I have lots of friends from the US and in particular living here in NS. So this post is for you all. This recipe for biscuits is from a church recipe book that I bought when I was living in Charlottetown, PEI. The recipe was from a dear friend Joyce. She was one of the most loving Mom's, at the time she was my friends mother but quickly became a good friend to me as a teenager. She has since lost her battle with Cancer but I will forever make theses delicious biscuits and think of her. So today I'm thankful for great friends. I'm thankful for how my good friends have loved me unconditionally throughout the years, and I"m grateful for all the things I have learned from them.Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Here's the recipe which I'm now going to call Joyce's Thanksgiving Biscuits. Make and enjoy.

Joyce's Thanksgiving Biscuits

2 1/4 Cups Flour
4 Tsp Baking Powder
1 Tsp Salt
1/2 Cup Margarine or Butter
1 Cup Milk
1/4 Cup Sugar

I make these in my Kitchen aid Mixer. Use the dough hook. Mix the flower, baking powder, salt, sugar and butter. Let it go for a few minutes while the butter breaks down in to little clumps. Slowly add the milk. I find I don't always need the full cup of milk. Make sure it mixes well so that the butter is properly mixed in.

Roll them out on a floured surface, I use a cup to make them round and place on a baking sheet. I bake them at 350 until the bottom is golden brown and then I broil the top to get them golden on top.

So tell me what your thankful for!
(PS. Don't forget about the Give Away it closes Friday!)

1 comment:

  1. I am grateful that you posted this recipe. It looks just like my grandpa's biscuit recipe that he taught me when I was little. I haven't been able to find it. Thanks Nancy!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts