Photobucket        Photobucket        Photobucket        Photobucket        Photobucket       

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Baptism Dress, Yup She's Eight!

It feels like just yesterday I held this little girl in my arms for the first time.  I still remember her sweet little cry.  I remember how quickly she stopped crying as she was wrapped really snug.  I tried to imagine what it would be like to have this sweet girl grow up.  Well growing up is just what she's done!  I'm not sure where these last eight years have gone but they are gone and she's getting ready to get baptised.


Here is her dress all in white that she will wear to get baptised.  She was so excited that I was making it for her.  She sat by me and my ancient sewing machine, she handed me scissors, pulled out needles and spent a whack of time yanking her PJ's off so she could try it on for size.  I really wanted it to fit her just right.  I think it does.


I thougth it would be fun to make a little overcoat and sash for the dress to fancy it up for her.  I'm pretty sure the anxiety of working with satin gave me a few extra gray hairs, but I think they were worth it.  She looks beautiful and deserves her special dress on her special day.   

I added a few little extra ruffles at the bottom to make it a bit more fancy for her.  She loved it all so I say this project was a success.
Sweetie I hope you always remember this special day and know how much Mommy loves you and is so proud of you!!

(In case your wondering I used the Burda 9757 pattern)

8 comments:

  1. Wow Nancy!! I am very impressed. That is so beautiful and such a great keepsake for her. I wish I had a sweet dress like that from my mom. I love the addition of the overcoat and sash! That pale purple is so pretty. I can't believe that little cutie is old enough to get baptized. Thank you for the darling invite. I so wish we could be there. We will definitely be thinking of her on her special day! Great work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous. Great job nancy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww this is a lovely dress

    I found your blog on the blog hop and am now following on GFC - check out my blog & follow me too!

    http://whatkimmididnext.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOw! That is amazing that you made the dress! Great job. I am your newest follower via GFC. Come check me out:http://slightlynerdysometimescool.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. So Cute - I love the bottom of the dress! It's the perfect length, too! You did an awesome job!

    I'm stopping by from Everyday Blog Hops and am a new follower via GFC - I would love for you to come over and check out More Than Mommies - a new blog I started with my friend, Christine. It's at morethanmommies.net

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is a nice dress for a cute girl...She looks lovely...
    Thanks for visiting me & I am your new follower now...
    Have a nice weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! I do love the little overcoat with it. Congratulations on your wonderful day!

    Coming by from Blog hop 'til You Drop and following GFC!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stopping by from Blog Hop Til You Drop! http://facebook.com/queenofsavings

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts