Photobucket        Photobucket        Photobucket        Photobucket        Photobucket       

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Easter Basket Cupcakes

My sidekick Monica and I decided to make these fantastic Easter cupcakes for the kids at church.  Really I think it was more about how we needed an excuse to get together.  These are so easy and quick to make.
First just make a batch of your favourite cup cakes, set them aside and let them cool until you are ready to decorate them. 
 To make the grass, you take some coconut and put it in a bowl.  Keep dropping a few drops of green food coloring into it and mix it around until it's green to your liking.
 We cheated here and took some store bought icing, divided it into four and made four Easter colors!  Easy peasy, I'm telling ya!
 Start icing the cupcakes and dip them into the "Grass". 
 Are you seeing how quick and easy this is.  They were so tasty too!
 Last but certainly not least, your going to dip Cadbury Mini Eggs (those bad boys are my Easter indulgence, we have a love hate relationship) into a bit of icing and place them on top of the basket so they don't roll off.  We then cut 1/3 of the pipe cleaners off and then just stuck them into the cupcakes to make the handles. 
The kids loved them and I bet yours will too!  Happy Easter everyone.  Thanks for stopping in!

19 comments:

  1. I love this! I will have to make some for the hubby, he will love them. Stopping by from dotdotdot :)


    Check out the giveaway on my blog!
    http://livingintaradise.wordpress.com/2011/04/16/giveaway/

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet idea...I might make them for my Learning Center!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are as tasty as they are cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My grandmother used to make these for all her grandchildren back in the 1970's. I'm making them for my grandchildren now. They are a family favorite at Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! I made a very similar version but I went a more time consuming route. I like your quick version for a quick treat.

    -SM
    http://sweetlymade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! Love the cupcakes! Very cute! Great blog too!

    I'm a new follower from the blog hop!
    Hope you can hop by and visit me too!

    http://stylendecordeals.blogspot.com/

    Have a Happy Easter!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. these are awfully cute come check out what I have shared on my blog annies home located at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello! These look yummy and cute! I am stopping by from the You like me Friday Blog Hop! I am your newest follower! I cannot wait to read more. I hope you will stop by and follow me back :)
    http://divvyupdiva.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cute is this! I really need some friends so I can make cupcakes and share them with everyone. I can't make them for just me. :P

    Simply Kate

    ReplyDelete
  10. Following from the Social Parade Follow on Friday blog hop :D

    http://opalstevens.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute Cute!!!

    New GFC follower from Give it to me Tara Weekend Hop

    Stop by and visit me at Mommy's Moments http://www.avonbykaren.blogspot.com

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute cupcakes!! I am a new follower from the Weekend Blog Hop! Hope you will stop by and say hello! Have a happy Easter!

    Jamie~your Innkeeper
    Applesauce Inn B&B

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mouth-watering just doesn't do these cupcakes justice! The pictures are great too, I could definitely see myself trying this out =)

    AnnaBean is a new follower from the You Like Me Friday Blog Hop. I'd love if you could follow back as well!

    blog.annabean.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is such a good idea!

    I am following you from the blog hop, you have a great site. Would you like to follow me back? Susan's Family
    thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. My girls would love these! I totally have to get back to the store to get coconut now. Thanks for sharing! :)

    I'm a new follower from the Blog Hop. I'd love it if you'd drop by A Helicopter Mom and follow me back!

    Thanks!
    Mickey

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are wonderful!!

    BLOG HOPping around with 'Weekend Blog Hop' - I am now a follower of your blog, wont you also follow me?? ~KM
    Krafty Max Originals

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those are stinkin cute!!! Thanks so much for linking them up!!! I hope you had a great Easter!! Hope to see you tomorrow!!
    Tasha

    ReplyDelete
  18. VERY cute! Great job!
    Thanks for linking up to Making It With Allie!
    AllieMakes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Nancy~

    Super cute cupcakes!! Thanks for linking to my K.I.S.S. blog bash last week, looking forward to seeing what you share this week.

    Drop By The Tattered Tag

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts