Photobucket        Photobucket        Photobucket        Photobucket        Photobucket       

Monday, March 7, 2011

All in a Days Work

I use to pride myself in being a city girl. I grew up in the outskirts of Montreal, nowhere near the country by any stretch. When my husband and I first started dating we would drive to his parents in the country and I couldn't stand the smell of manure (still can't) or the fact that shopping was not a stones throw away. We would debate about city/country life and where we would live. He wanted to live in the country and I vowed that I never would. (Yes, your right I ate my words). But I wouldn't trade it for anything now. As much as I love creating with a glue gun and a sewing machine. I love being outdoors, gardening and growing things. I plan on sharing with you my outdoor creative idea's through out the summer. This past weekend we spent the day outside cleaning up the "swamp". Right next to our house is this gathering of dead trees and swampy water. We have plans of someday turning this area into a pond. This will take quite some time, and I'm sure a bunch of money. However we did not like the look of all the dead trees and alder bushes that are growing there. We rounded up the troops, my in laws and our trusty neighbour and out we went to work.
The kids lasted outside for a short while. They were loving the fire we had started. We burned our Christmas trees that we fired out the back door the end of December. They really go up in flames and smoke up the place. The kids loved it. They watched Grampy and the boys running their chain saw's clearing the land. My son is a boy's boy and wanted to be down in the action with Grampy but it was just too dangerous for his little self.

Here's the after of it all. We cleared out a large area over the swamp and made a huge bonfire. The fire burned into the wee hours of the morning. Most of the brush is gone and we have a little bit left that we will burn through out the early spring. I'm itching to get outside and to do yard work. This summer I also plan on planting a vegetable garden. It's been way too long since I've had one. I think spring is finally on it's way I can feel it in the air.

1 comment:

  1. I'm looking forward this year for the first time in two years to get down and dirty with my garden. It has been neglected for sooooo long. Can't wait to see what you've done with all those plants I gave you.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts