Photobucket        Photobucket        Photobucket        Photobucket        Photobucket       

Wednesday, November 2, 2022

Missing These Two

This sweet girl of mine went off to University this year, clear across the country. She took her trusty side kick Slinky with her. They are having fun adventures in the wild wild west.



I am really glad they have each other. Nothing prepares you for how fast your kids grow up and leave the nest. It’s like a slow break up you didn’t see coming. When you’re in the throws of motherhood it feels like the list of things to do are never ending. Yet looking back it feels like it almost didn’t happen.  How is it she was playing band concert just a few years back and now she’s got roommates, a lawn to mow and university classes to keep up with. 

I am really thankful for the month we had together in her new province. We spent the month getting her settled into her new home and life. It was just her and I running errands, getting supplies and setting up her new space.  I am thankful that I saw the hand of God in so many ways that month. He is so aware of her and each of us. 


I know slinky has taken over my role of protecting her. He keeps her on her toes that little sly dog. He barks at all the things and sounds fierce. No one is going to mess with her.

But more than that, I know how ready she is to be taking on her life with her trusty little dog. I am really proud of her. She is a bright light in my life. She has a kind heart and a gentle demeanour. Go get them girl the world is yours for the talking. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts